Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Religious Thought 153



To commit no wrong, even against one's enemies, Is said to be supreme wisdom. Only the forgetful plot another's ruin; others remember That virtue itself devises a plotter's downfall.
- Tirukkural 21: 203-204
__._,_.___

Worldly afflictions are as extensive as an ocean, noisy and clamorous; but they all arise from the thoughts in your own mind. When not a single thought is conceived, you are liberated from them all.
- Ta-t
__._,_.___

I am the Word of God living through His Essence. I am the Food of the soul, the Spirit of purity. I am the Fountain of the Water of Life. I deliver the lovers of God from death. If your greed had not raised such a stench, God would have poured a remedy of water on your graves. I accept the warning of the Sage; I will not allow my heart to be sickened by ridicule.
- Rumi
__._,_.___

God is love. He didnt need us. But he wanted us. And that is the most amazing thing.
- Rick Warren
__._,_.___

Gossip kills three: the speaker, the spoken of, and the listener.
- Rabbi Samuel b. Nahman, Numbers Rabbah
__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment