Thursday, February 21, 2013

Religious Thought 155


 

Longing is like the rosy dawn. After the dawn out comes the sun. Longing is followed by the vision of God.
- Ramakrishna
__._,_.___

It is not proper to watch other people. This will not help your practice. If you are annoyed, watch the annoyance in your own mind. If others' discipline is bad or they are not good monks, this is not for you to judge. You will not discover widsom watching others. Monks' discipline is a tool to use for your own meditation. It is not a weapon to use to criticize or find fault. No one can do your practice for you, nor can you do practice for anyone else. Just be mindful of your own doings. This is the way to practice.
- Ajahn Chah, "Bodhinyana"
__._,_.___

I am the Word of God living through His Essence. I am the Food of the soul, the Spirit of purity. I am the Fountain of the Water of Life. I deliver the lovers of God from death. If your greed had not raised such a stench, God would have poured a remedy of water on your graves. I accept the warning of the Sage; I will not allow my heart to be sickened by ridicule.
- Rumi
__._,_.___

We ought to give thanks for all fortune: if it is good, because it is good, if bad, because is works in us patience, humility and the contempt of this world and the hope of our eternal country.
- C.S. Lewis
__._,_.___

He who has nothing --in front, behind, in between-- the one with nothing who clings to no thing: he's what I call a brahmin.
- Dhammapada 421-2, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment