Saturday, April 20, 2013

Religious Thought 203



Those who are motivated only by desire for the fruits of action are miserable, for they are constantly anxious about the results of what they do.
- Bhagavad Gita 2:49
__._,_.___

The path to material gain goes one way, the way to Unbinding, another. Realizing this, the monk, a disciple to the Awakened One, should not relish offerings, should cultivate seclusion instead.
- Dhammapada, 5, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.
__._,_.___


My peace, my brothers, is in solitude, because my beloved is with me. His love is my test among the mortal beings.... Zeal for His union has healed my sou
__._,_.___

Enthusiasm is as good a thing in the Church as fire is in a cook stove.
- Billy Sunday
__._,_.___

He who can work in the realm of the real and live in that of the ideal, has attained the highest.
- Ludwig Boerne, German-Jewish political writer and satirist
__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment