Sunday, April 28, 2013

Religious Thought 209



Whatever takes form is false. Only the formless endures. When you understand The truth of this teaching, You will not be born again. For God is infinite, Within the body and without, Like a mirror, And the image in a mirror. As the air is everywhere, Flowing around a pot And filling it, So God is everywhere, Filling all things And flowing through them forever.
- Ashtavakra Gita 1: 18-20
__._,_.___

Do not underestimate your ability.
- Geshe Chekawa, in Advice From a Spiritual Friend
__._,_.___

God created the hearts of men to be the homes of His praise, but they have become the homes of lust; nothing but fear and a desire for goodness can purify them. When faith establishes itself within the heart, praise and contentment follow.
- Abu Muhammad bin Khubayq, "The Kashf al-Mahjub"
__._,_.___

“Lord, take me where you want me to go, let me meet who you want me to meet, tell me what you want me to say, and keep me out of your way. ”

- Prayer of Father Mychal Judge
__._,_.___

The pure righteous people, do not complain against wickedness but add righteousness. They do not complain against disbelief but add faith. They do not complain against ignorance but add wisdom.
- Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook
__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment