Thursday, April 11, 2013

Religious Thought 194



Talk as much philosophy as you like, worship as many gods as you please, observe ceremonies and sing devotional hymns, but liberation will never come, even after a hundred aeons, without realizing the Oneness.
- Sankara
__._,_.___

A monk asked, All of the buddhas and all of the buddadharmas come forth from this sutra. What is this sutra? Qinshan said, Forever turning.
- Zens Chinese Heritage
__._,_.___

Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
- Hadith The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Ja'bir bin Abd'Allah
__._,_.___

Rest. Rest. Rest in God's love. The only work you are required now to do is to give your most intense attention to His still, small voice within.
- Madame Jeanne Guyon
__._,_.___

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?
- Rabbi Hillel
__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment